Chesskiddo owners, staff, or any other participants of Chesskiddo.
In consideration for being permitted to participate in the Chesskiddo I hereby agree, for my child, my heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns, that I shall indemnify and hold harmless Chesskiddo from any and all claims, demands, actions or suits arising out of us in connection with my child's participation in any of the school’s events.
AGREEMENT TO PAY MEDICAL EXPENSES
I give Chesskiddo permission to authorize emergency medical personnel to carry out such emergency diagnostic and therapeutic procedure as may be necessary for my child, and also permit such treatment procedures to be carried out at, and by local hospitals for my child int the event of an emergency. I understand that any medical expenses will be billed directly to me or my insurance company.
I affirm that I have read, understand, and agree to be bound by the term and conditions of this contract for chess instruction through Chesskiddo. I fully understand that failure to abide by this contact will result in termination of this agreement and membership in the school will be revoked immediate. I understand that I can also review these policies any time online at chesskiddo.com.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE, HOLD HARMLESS, AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE, AND MEDIA RELEASE, AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT IT IS A FULL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY AND I SIGN IT FREELY.
PHOTO/VIDEO/SOCIAL MEDIA WAIVER
I agree to permit Chesskiddo, agents and other guests to take photographs and/or video and audio recordings during School lessons and performance events without further recourse. I understand that such photographic images, video, or audio recordings of my child may be used for commercial and/or promotional purposes. I further understand that I may opt-out of this release with respect to photographs, videos, and audio only by filing out and signing a Media Opt-Out form available upon request.
By signing below, I represent and warrant that I am the parent, legal guardian, or power-of-attorney of the above listed Child(ren) and have the authority to execute this Agreement on his/her or their behalf and to act on his/her or their behalf. I have read each paragraph in this document and I and they agree to be bound by the terms stated herein, including all releases of liability contained herein. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from all claims which are brought by or on behalf of this or these minor Child or Children, or any of them, which are in any way connected with, arise out of, or result from their use of—and presence at—Chesskiddo. I am 18 years of age or older. I am entering this agreement on behalf of the Releasing Parties.
WAIVER/RELEASE FOR COMMUNICABLE DISEASES INCLUDING COVID-19
In consideration of being allowed to use the Chesskiddo Facility (and to allow Child to use the Chesskiddo facility), I acknowledge, understand, and agree that:
1. Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19. While rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist; and
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others and assume full responsibility for my participation; and
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation as regards protection against infectious diseases which may include, but not be limited to, (i) observing proper social distancing rules, (ii) performing regular hand sanitizing, (iii) wearing masks and/or appropriate personal protective equipment, (iv) not entering Chesskiddo Facility if exposed to someone with any symptoms of such a communicable disease, (v) not entering the Chesskiddo Facility if suffering any symptoms of such a communicable disease, (vi) permitting staff of the Chesskiddo Facility to take my or Child’s temperature, and (vii) complying with any measure promulgated by the Chesskiddo Facility or any local, state or federal authority.
4. If I observe and any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
5. I understand and agree that all references—and my responsibilities related to—any “injury” or “injuries” described in this Agreement shall also pertain to communicable diseases; and
6. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Releasees, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
IN SUMMARY, BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF I OR ANY OF MY CHILDREN ARE INJURED IN ANY WAY, THIS WAIVER PREVENTS AND PROHIBITS ANY RECOVERY OF MONEY FROM ANY CHESSKIDDO RELATED ENTITY.
IN SUMMARY, BY MY SIGNATURE BELOW, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF I OR ANY OF MY CHILDREN ARE INJURED IN ANY WAY, THIS WAIVER PREVENTS AND PROHIBITS ANY RECOVERY OF MONEY FROM CHESSKIDDO.